Some good news. CWM recovery has been ported to work on QMobile Noir A6. Let me remind you that Noir A6 is based on MediaTek MT6575 chipset (or maybe another variant of it, since it doesn’t have 3G modem) and runs Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Credit for this CWM recovery image of QMobile Noir A6 goes to Umair Arshad (umair.arshad06 [at] gmail.com). He was kind enough to test it on his Noir A6 and reports it is working fine. If you need any help in flashing it or encounter any error, please leave a comment.
Procedure To Install CWM Recovery
WARNING: Performing this procedure in a wrong way may brick your phone. We shall not be responsible for any damage. Always keep a backup!
- Make sure your phone is rooted. If you haven’t done so, click here to root your Noir A6.
- Download CWM recovery for Noir A6 from here. Extract the archive, place recovery.img file on root of your SD Card. It also has scatter file for Noir A6, in case you want to use SP Flash tool.
- Download MTK Mobileuncle Tools from Google Play and install it.
- Open Mobileuncle Tools, grant it superuser permissions and choose “Recovery Update”. Select the recovery.img file from SD card and let it do the job.
- Turn off your phone and restart in recovery mode to see if CWM shows up.
To open recovery mode:
Press Volume UP + Power button
If it doesn’t work, do this to open recovery mode (discovered by Qasir):
- Press and hold ( volume up + volume down + power button ) for a while when you see this screen on your device: http://i.imgur.com/v4x8i.jpg
- Press volume up once and suddenly press Home Soft touch button. You will get into recovery.
So that was it! Please report below if it works for you too!!
You can also use the SP Flash Tool method in case if it fails. Scatter file is included in the above file of step 2.