After the rooting tutorial of QMobile Noir A8, here’s a guide on how to root QMobile Noir A6. I don’t own this phone myself so this was not possible for me to test this method. But thanks to this guy “Qasir” who tested the method of rooting Noir A8 on his Noir A6 and reported in the comments on my blog. The results are positive. Here are some details:
QMobile A6 is built upon the MediaTek MT6575 chipset and running Ice Cream Sandwich. It has a 1GHz ARM Cortex CPU, PowerVR SGX 531 GPU and 512MB RAM. The rooting script by bin4ry that I used on Noir A8 works on Noir A6 as well. One reason could be the compatibility because that script is made for devices running ICS and Jelly Bean.
Anyway, here are the steps to root Noir A6:
- Download this file. It has the rooting script and drivers. Don’t worry the folder name is Noir A8 but work on A6 too. Extract the archive.
- In phone, go to Settings – Development options. Set USB debugging ON.
- In settings, go to security -> tick “Unknown Sources”.
- Connect the phone with cable to PC. If you don’t have the drivers installed, it will ask for drivers. Manually install them from the folder Noir A8 USB ADB drivers.
- Now disconnect cable and turn off your phone. In off state, connect the cable again. Again if you don’t have drivers, it will ask for drivers. Navigate to A8 preloader VCOM folder and install the drivers from there.
- Turn on the phone and make sure it is in USB Debugging phone. Connect the cable. Open the folder “Root_script_by_Bin4ry_v15″ and click RunMe.bat. Choose Normal mode and follow the prompts.
You should have a rooted Noir A6. Check for SuperSU app in app drawer and enjoy!