Disclaimer: I’m or any other person related to this is not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This most likely will void your warranty.
Huawei Ascend G510/Y300 (Code names of u8951/u8833) is available in different variants around the globe, this guide is most likely universal.
Before doing anything you should first install/Setup ADB Here then install Huawei drivers Here
If you don’t wanna download the whole SDK and just want to use only adb and fastboot command then follow this:
1- Download This, unzip it and you’ll get Adb_fastboot folder
2- Hit windows key and type cmd now right click on cmd and click copy, now paste it to the Adb_fastboot folder which you recently unzipped.
3- Now open the same cmd.exe which you copied in the Adb_fastboot folder and type adb or fastboot if you see list of command then from now on you can use adb and fastboot command but only from the cmd.exe in Adb_fastboot folder.
4- Now follow the rest of the Unlocking procedure.
Huawei and almost all mobile brand manufactures there cell phones with Locked Boot loaders so no one can mess up with it but they also give you methods to unlock it.
Steps to unlock the bootloader…
- Follow this Link to get you unlock code, it usually takes 3 to 5 days. You will get email like this..
- Now follow this link to unlock your phone.
let me explain it in simple word
First make sure ADB and drivers are installed.
- Turn on your Phone in Fastboot mode by using Power+Vol down combination, press these buttons for atleast 10 second
- Now connect you phone to the PC. Open command prompt and type “fastboot devices” , if you get some numbers with fastboot like this it means your device is connected to your PC in fastboot mode.
- Type this command with your unlock code “fastboot oem unlock xxxxx” (xxxxx is your device unlock code) then enter. Now your device should be unlocked
- If you want to check whether your device is locked or unlocked type “fastboot oem get-bootinfo”, enter.
Alternate Method to get Bootloader unlock code:
You can use DC-Unlocker tool to generate unlock code.
CWM and TWRP both are available for Huawei G510/Y300 now its up to your choice what you wanna use.
TWRP 184.108.40.206 (Kra1o5)
Official Links of Goo.im where the developer will upload all new versions and changelogs: (Download Latest version from below links)
Flashable Zip’s 2.6.33
CWM v220.127.116.11 by Dazzozo (Both Y300 & G510):
Image: recovery-clockwork-18.104.22.168-u8833-R3.img 7,884 KB – MD5: fb6f8a81822770e0711291eae85fca0d
ZIP: recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-u8833-R3.zip 8,127 KB – MD5: ec48ba863a585e4af3857d1b754f4cc5
Image: recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-u8951-R3.img 7,884 KB – MD5: 490cfde79c20185f48cacc1c64b9ad74
ZIP: recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-u8951-R3.zip 8,127 KB – MD5: 8d4e1e907b963357b9c6d7331a253bd5
(Recommended only for 4.3+ ROM’s, its not backward compatible)
- To flash recovery.img boot your phone in fastboot, enter this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
The CWM/TWRP flashable file can only be flashed with a custom recovery.
Go into recovery by pressing power+vol up for 10 seconds
After you unlock your phone and got a custom recovery Root access is now just finger tips away. You just need to flash any of your favorite Super user app.
Koush Superuser (Recommended)
Put one of the zip file in sd card go to the recovery then flash, reboot.
Now finally you have an unlocked rooted phone with a custom recovery, through which you can flash custom ROM/kernels but always make backup before doing anything.